HIMA is the first port of call for safety-related automation solutions. The secret of HIMA success is uncompromising focus on safety. What makes HIMA solutions unique is the combination of maximum safety and maximum availability , as we call it, “Safety. Nonstop.” That’s because only with safe, uninterrupted operation, our customers can achieve their business aims.
HIMA develops solutions for almost every safety-critical application: in process automation, for the rail sector and for logistics and machine safety. HIMA solutions are based on the ability to integrate safety solutions into almost any automation environment.
With the HIMA SAFETY LIFECYCLE concept HIMA customers get an overview of all functional safety requirements and always make the right decision at the right time.
HIMax® is the first safety system designed to provide uninterrupted system operation throughout the entire life of the plant, while maximizing plant availability, productivity and safety. It is based on HIMA’s revolutionary nonstop XMR® technology that combines diagnostic-based SIL 3 safety integrity with a scalable fault tolerant architecture that eliminates false trips, provides for unlimited changes,modifications, expansions, upgrades and even regulatory proof testing without needing to take the plant off-line.
HIMax redefines what you can expect from a safety solution.
The TÜV-certified safety system-on-chip
HICore is a comprehensive solution that includes a TÜV-certified safe IC for safety-critical applications according to IEC 61508, Edition 2, part 1 to 7, SIL 3. It also meets the requirements of EN 13849 (PL e). The operating system and middleware are also SIL 3 safe and TÜV-certified.
Based on HICore 1, the smallest TÜV-certified safety controller, HIMA enables innovative product and system manufacturers to create safe solutions ready for certification. Your advantage: shorter time-to-market.
Our supply capabilities range from a single chip to a complete application on a circuit board. You decide the appropriate structure for your HICore solution. As your safety coach we support you from the initial specification right through the final TÜV acceptance test.
Maximum safety, scalable availability, highest cost-efficiency: since their launch, the H41q/H51q systems have become THE established standard for safe AND economical solutions in the processing industry. H41q/H51q systems are ideal for small and mid-size safety-critical applications which require high levels of process availability. Success in these systems is based principally on three factors:
H41q/H51q systems are based on what has proven to be the world’s best safety technology. HIMA has installed more than 25,000 solutions and more safety systems than all of its rivals in the global processing industry . It’s the quality that has won the day.
H41q/H51q systems offer the highest level of fault tolerance and therefore process availability. And the best thing is that HIQuad technology enables the systems’ fault tolerance to be adjusted individually, which means that cases of redundancy can always be set up specific to the application - making it more economical. Even in single-channel configurations - non-redundant, that is - the systems can be used up to SIL 3 without time limit.
High adaptive flexibility
H41q/H51q systems are extremely flexible and are easier and therefore efficient to adapt to individual application requirements.
- For for small and mid-size number of I/Os
Compact H41q systems for up to 208 I/Os, modular H51q systems for as many as several thousand I/Os
- For any type of I/O
Wide range of I/O cards, analog /digital I/O cards, relay cards, counter and thermo-element cards, cards with integrated Ex-separation
- For every availability requirement
Invest only in what you need thanks to scalable redundancy. All of the components can be employed single, redundant or mixed - always SIL 3
- For centralised or distributed applications
Stand-alone or safe networking via safeethernet.
- For any DCS integration
Integrated solutions for all leading control systems - solutions that have proven successful thousands of times over
The H41q/H51q systems utilise the same broad range of I/O cards and are both programmed using ELOP II.
Uniquely fast, uniquely flexible
The safety-related controllers and remote I/O modules of the HIMatrix series were developed for applications with just a few I/O points and especially for networked and time-critical applications.
The combination of one of the world’s fastest safety controller and the HIMA safety bus, safeethernet, forms the basis for a range of efficient HIMatrix solutions
The system's high performance, compactness and ease-of-assembly enable solutions, which were previously performed using relay technology, to now be set up economically, reliably and much more flexibly using control technology.
Combined with our wide range of hardware, this means that our systems can be adapted perfectly to any kind of application - thus creating more efficient solutions.
HIMatrix - the Highlights
- Certified up to SIL 3, cat. 4 and PLe
- CENELEC certified up to SIL 4
- Broad range of compact controllers and remote I/O modules
- Response time ≤ 5 ms
- Cycle time for a 1K program: approx. 0.002 ms
- Safety-related networking at 100 MBit/s on standard Ethernet
- Utilises all Ethernet functions for safety-critical applications
- Integrated switch for a range of network topologies (line, tree, star) and ring structures
- Communication options: safeethernet, OPC (DA + A&E), Modbus TCP (Master & Slave), PROFINET IO (Controller & Device), PROFIsafe (F-Host and F-Device for PROFINET IO), EtherNet/IP (Originator and Target), Send & Receive TCP, PROFIBUS-DP (Master & Slave), Modbus RTU (Master and Slave), ComUserTask, SNTP
- For use in Ex-Zone 2
- Drag&Drop programming using ELOP II Factory/SILworX
- Certified function blocks
- Certified to: IEC 61508, IEC 61131, IEC 61511, IEC 62061, EN 50156, EN 954, EN 54, EN 13849-1, NFPA 85, NFPA 72, ATEX
HIMatrix systems are used for stand-alone solutions and distributed applications such as:
Solutions for process safety:
Distributed pharmaceuticals applications
BMS solutions for single and multiple burner systems
Decentralised Fire&Gas systems
Solutions for the rail sector:
- Railway crossings
- Rolling stock
- Power supply
Solutions for logistics and machine safety:
- Material handling systems
- Cranes, crane networks and lifting equipment in production facilities or on docks
- Driverless transport systems (DTS)
- Punching and presses
- Painting plants
- Robot cells
- Sluices and polders
- Lifters and elevating platforms
- High-bay warehouses
- Complete solutions for airports
Simplify Safe Motion Control
Thanks to its computing power, a large variety of sensor interfaces and granular architecture, the new HIMatrix M45 is suitable for complex safety-critical applications in the area of logistics and machine safety. It makes safe motion control solutions simpler, more flexible and more profitable.
- Certified up to SIL 3, PL e
- High granularity
- Certified function blocks for connection to numerous sensors
- High computing power and processing of complex data structures
- Implementation of large quantities of I/Os
- Import of C programs
- Decentralization via backplane extension for longer distances
- Large selection of modules
- Fewer components (e.g. no smart bus coupling modules needed) than other solutions
- Significant reduction of planning and engineering effort
- Fewer fault sources
- Simplified procedure for extensions or changes during operation
- Implementation of CPU-intensive solutions
Where ultimate safety counts
Planar4 is the only safety system in the world which can be used up to SIL4 in accordance with IEC 61508. Planar4 is the system of choice for automation processes involving extremely high risks to people, machines and the environment – where the utmost safety is of the utmost priority.
- High-integrity pressure protection systems
- Emergency stop systems on drilling platforms
- Extremely time-critical safety circuits
- Primary shut-down systems
Planar4 systems are programmed by means of wiring, which makes them extremely robust. Various wiring techniques are used for programming: solder, Termipoint, and Wire Wrap on the backplane bus board.
Input and output statuses, limits and time values can be transmitted via OPC-DA, PROFIBUS DP or MODBUS to control and visualisation systems. Events – HIMA signals with time stamps, that is – are transmitted via RS485 Alarm&Event.
The integrated diagnostic routines ensure rapid error signalling and easy trouble-shooting, even for untrained personnel. Remote diagnosis is possible in conjunction with the communication options.
Planar4 – the Highlights
- For use up to SIL4
- MTBF > 200 years
- Switching time 2-10 ms
- Scalable redundancy
- Communicates via OPC, PROFIBUS DP, MODBUS
- Monitoring for open and short circuits
- Space-saving 19” technology
The world’s most efficient safety bus
All over the world, more and more decentralised, distributed automation concepts are being put into place – including in the field of safety related automation.
HIMA developed the safeethernet protocol 16 years ago in order to network HIMA systems safely, and since then it has established itself successfully in every conceivable application and field of industry.
safe ethernet solutions are based on standard Ethernet technology (IEEE 802.3) and offer a series of unbeatable features:
- TÜV/BG-certified up to SIL 3.
- Data transmission at 100 Mbit/s.
- Shortest possible response times guaranteed within the stipulated safety period.
- No limitations on physical separation.
- Utilises standard Ethernet components and functions.
- As many as 255 systems can be networked on each Ethernet segment.
- Intelligent, diverse redundancy concepts and safeerhernet reload for uninterrupted system operation.
- Fully compatible with industrial use.
As well as the highest possible level of safety and reliability, safeethernet solutions offer the following benefits:
High levels of flexibility and transparency:
- Ethernet network technology guarantees flexibility when it comes to adapting to the requirements of your application – in terms of planning as well as commissioning, maintenance and expansion.
- Utilises diverse transmission media: copper, ISDN/DSL, FO, all the way to satellite and of course wireless applications.
- Enables a range of different network topologies: line, tree, star and ring structures.
- Vertical integration and transparency across all levels.
- Integrates safety related and non-safety related data in one standard Ethernet network – without compromising safety.
- Can be integrated into existing Ethernet networks.
- Utilises cost-efficient standard Ethernet components made by any manufacturer.
- Redundancy concepts assure uninterrupted system operation, even if one communications route fails.
- Quick, step-by-step commissioning.
- Network participants can all access one another, enabling centralised programming, diagnosis and visualisation.
- Establish economical remote maintenance concepts.
The world's most advanced safety application manager
SILworX® is HIMA’s new, easy-to-use, fully integrated configuration, programming and diagnostic environment.
Its state-of-the art interface helps users avoid mistakes and speeds up the engineering process. Different levels of user guidance, clear display of all status and diagnostic information and comprehensive validation tools help engineers achieve safe applications.
- One license - all functionalities
- A single fully integrated software tool for all necessary tasks throughout the system lifecycle
- Intuitive user interface with fully graphical drag & drop programming
- Flexible programming using Function Block Diagrams (FBD)
- IEC 61131-3-compliant, supporting all functions and variable types for safety-related programming
- Built-in usermanagement for project- and system access
- Application validation using offline simulation, online test and code comparison
- Force I/O command for easier troubleshooting
- Project-wide cross-references and navigation
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7
One for all
ELOP II is the efficient engineering tool for the complete life-cycle of H41q/H51q systems. ELOP II guarantees trouble-free planning and configuration of hardware and communication and makes programming, diagnosis and documentation easy. Intelligent features save time and costs when engineering the systems, and help avoid operational errors.
ELOP II - the Highlights
- IEC 61131-3-compliant
- A single, fully integrated software tool for all necessary tasks throughout the system life cycle
- One licence – all functionalities
- Intuitive user interface with fully graphical drag&drop programming
- Flexible programming using Function Block Diagrams, Sequential Function Charts
- IEC 61131-3-compliant, supporting all functions and variable types for safety related programming
- Application validation using offline simulation, online test and code comparison
- Supports reload functionality
- Monitored forcing of signals
- Projectwide cross references and navigation
- .csv import/export of variables
- Supports SOE programming
New features of version 5.1
Password protection for function blocks
Graphical logic comparison for function blocks
Configurable logic tests
Detailed visualisation of settings changed online
Use of ELOP II on additional screens
Dockable windows: moving or docking areas
Improved search functions:
Start the search from within the editor
Navigate directly from the search results using the “Go to” function or by dragging them into the logic
Find and use function blocks quickly
Extended documentation options:
Easy creation and display of online help for function blocks
Insertion of hyperlinks to external documents
Insertion of office documents in the function chart
Unicode support: input and representation of complex and non-latin characters
Efficient teamwork: mirroring and updating network data
Typical-programming with FUP snippets
Improved features within the function block editor:
Setting function blocks/variables and drawing lines
Docking selected elements
Changing alignment, size, spacing of multiple elements
Easy, flexible programming
Programming is done intuitively using drag&drop. Because programming is via Ethernet, a separate programming bus is not needed and remote maintenance concepts are made possible. And because all of the functions and variable types of IEC 61131-3 are used, the logic can be defined flexibly. FBD programming makes frequently performed functions quicker and easier to check when creating your own block libraries; existing libraries can be used for new projects.
Thanks to offline simulation, the program can be tested at an early stage, thus reducing the time to commissioning. Hyperlinks to all variables make checking the correct use of variables quick, and also speed up project planning and troubleshooting.
Reliable, efficient diagnosis
Analysing and checking the logic during operation makes checking the signal flow in the current logic quicker. Forcing the I/Os saves commissioning time and avoids shut-downs during maintenance. Logic and variables can undergo unlimited modification without shutting down the system.
Automatic document generation helps you to fulfil documentation requirements easily. Code comparison provides secure proof of changes, and minimises documentation and approval work whenever an approved program is modified.